I’M MOVING TO HUNTSVILLE! NOW WHAT?
From my experience working with those relocating here — meaning, people who have either chosen to move to Huntsville, or...Learn More about I’M MOVING TO HUNTSVILLE! NOW WHAT?
From my experience working with those relocating here — meaning, people who have either chosen to move to Huntsville, or who’s job has volun-told them to move to Alabama– you can imagine I hear this often. Most arrive here in a flurry of uncertainty and excitement, eager to start their new beginning. Yet they find themselves overwhelmed not knowing what to do next.
How to start: Write down ALL your questions and concerns.
This allows you to unload the things that keep you up at night and begin to seek solutions. For example:
- Am I qualified to buy my first home? If not, how do I get there?
- Can I purchase a new home while my old house is listed for sale? What risks are involved?
- I want a home with minimal upkeep, so is renting my best option?
- If I can’t find what I want should I work with a builder? If so, which one?
- Do I need to be close to work or to anything else? I can tolerate a commute but it should be reasonable.
Remember to focus on you.
By this point your Huntsville buddies and colleagues have surely offered up ideas and advice that worked for them. But keep in mind that, as they made their decisions, they had their own needs in mind. What works for them may not be what you actually want.
Find an expert.
Without a real estate professional, your home search can get overwhelming quickly. But just as others come to you seeking advice in your field of expertise, you should do the same by finding a local real estate agent to help you. Be upfront with them about your expectations and don’t hesitate to get clarification along the way.
Here are some questions I like to ask clients in the beginning:
- Have you ever been to Huntsville? Alabama? The south and general area?
- What are some ideas about what you think the area is like?
- How many will be occupying the household?
- How long do you expect you might be in the area?
- What are your financial goals relating to your living situation? How much have you allocated to spend on housing? If buying, do you want to live there long term, sell for profit after doing some updates, or do you want to rent it out later as an investment property?
- What hobbies do you currently have, or foresee yourself getting into?
- Quite simply, what would you like for your life here to look like?
Your answers help me understand your unique point of view. Going forward, I’ll be able to find potential houses that best suit your needs.
Let the home search begin!
If you’re considering teaming up with me, let’s get a conversation started. Simply fill out my form so we can start this journey!